Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Associate, Jakarta, Indonesia, Post #94964 (For Indonesian national only)
Job no: 516314
Work type: Fixed Term Staff
Categories: Information Communication Technology, G-6
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Quality of Life
A steadily growing economy isn't benefiting all. Half the population still lives in poverty and children's changes can vary dramaticaly depending on their families wealth or where they live.
For more information, visit the UNICEF Indonesia Country Office website: https://www.unicef.org/indonesia/
How can you make a difference?
General ICT / Office Support: perform a full range of procedural activities in support of ICT to ensure effective communications with client departments/divisions/offices and efficient provision of support to other ICT staff.
- Providing first-level support that includes receiving, processing and logging service requests.
- Managing lifecycle of ICT incidents assigned to him/her in service management tool.
- Providing support in conferencing with ICT and audiovisual equipment as and when requested.
- Creating and assigning work orders.
- Maintaining and updating files (electronic and paper) and internal databases.
- Maintaining ICT inventory, manuals and other documentation. This may require the incumbent to lift, move, mount, or store equipment.
Minimal ICT Administration: accountable for specialized support pertaining to routine ICT activities requiring thorough understanding and application of server, operating system, hardware and software documentation and functionality.
- Installing/upgrading, configuring (routine, standard) and maintaining systems, tools and equipment.
- Assisting in routine operation and monitoring of server systems.
- Providing second-level user support/troubleshooting.
- Extracting data from databases to serve the needs and requests of users, diagnosing errors and correcting as necessary.
- Performing backups of servers following standard backup procedures.
- Assisting in the generation of computer reports.
- Providing on-the-job orientation for users in the use of ICT systems.
Timely and effective support is provided on improvement of ICT systems/services and opportunities for innovative use of technology in programme interventions are effectively harnessed.
- Works closely with the ICT Officer and the T4D Officer in formulation of technical opportunity into innovative product for children.
- Provides support to programmes in any ICT related issues, contracts involving ICT or systems and solutions.
- Supports project roll outs and implementation of new processes, including testing debugging and implementation of new application and systems.
- Supporting ICT Officer in in formulation of Business Cases and Project Charters for the ICT4D and Innovation projects.
Timely support is provided to users, SMEs and ICT Management for maintaining the organization’s computer systems infrastructure.
- Provides users with solutions to identified incidents, requests or services interruptions; provides timely feedback, status or progress report as per established policies and procedures; provides the Forward Schedule of Changes for planned and short-term changes of service levels.
- Ensures effective customer support in the area of Information Technology and Telecommunications by providing computer training as well as troubleshooting and ad- hoc technical assistance to the users. This involves development of an office training and support plan based upon the organizational requirements and an assessment of staff competencies and needs.
- Coordinates and assists with the acquisition, integration, installation, upgrade and release of organizational standard computer hardware and applications, communication and office equipment relevant to the office. This includes roll-out of the Operating Systems, Office Productivity tools (e.g. MS Office), Electronic Mail, client access to UNICEF ERP and Performance Management Tools and Unified Communications tools (Video, Audio and Web Conferencing, Instant Messaging IP Telephony). Where possible, ensure user access to these applications is available remotely (mobile users) in a secure manner.
- Analyses problems, identifies alternatives, tests, recommends and implement solutions.
ICT infrastructure, systems and applications are properly administered in compliance to UNICEF’s Security policies, standards and procedures.
- Undertakes the role of Local Systems Administration (LSA) by performing routine maintenance of the ICT Systems (e.g. Backups, Security Patches, and Antivirus Updates), User provisioning, de-provisioning and change management to UNICEF Systems and Applications (e.g. Domain, E-Mail, Intranet, VISION) in the office. This includes use of tools like UNICEF Access Management Portals (e.g. E-SAF, APPROVA, ViSA) and Service Manager System
- Support ICT officer in managing the ICT infrastructure, compliance and security of the office that includes Local Area/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and Data Centre Operations (Server Platforms, Network Switching and Uninterrupted Power Supply) ensuring the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of UNICEF information from the Office and Remote location. This includes maintenance of the ICT Disaster Recovery Plan ensuring Offsite Data backup and Emergency Telecommunication links (backup links, Satellite and Radio networks) in cooperation with the UN agencies and Partners.
- Diagnoses and resolves Global Help Desk calls related to applications or processes redirected from the Global Help Desk first line support and escalates them to Global Help Desk third line, SME support or ICT Operations Management for resolution of escalated issues and/or policy guidance as necessary. Keeps users informed of the status.
- Support ICT Unit in providing accountability for the information technology resources through accurate analysis and evaluation of office's ICT needs, sound procurement, cost-effective installation and maintenance, ensuring software/hardware standards, and regular accurate inventory and reporting of hardware, peripherals and software.
- Ensures application/compliances of ICT policies and guidelines, established processes and procedures by all team members.
- Assists in procurement of ICT Hardware, software, services making sure organizational standards, compliance and value for money.
ICT component of the Business Continuity is well maintained in close collaboration with other UN agencies.
- Conducts periodical test of the ICT DRP (Disaster Recovery Plan), reports and recommends for improvement.
- Under supervision of ICT Officer, ensures maintenance of the ICT components of the MOSS (Minimum Operating Security Standards) requirements for the office.
- Provides IT and Telecoms training to all staff on regular basis in the use of standard IT and Telecoms equipment and remote connectivity for operations during emergency situations.
- Provides support for communications equipment including but not limited smartphones, Portable Satellite Devices (Phones, BGANs, Modems, etc.), Radio programming PABX, VHF, UHF in cooperation with UN Agencies
Under the framework of Digital Transformation initiative, and all component of the Enterprise Content Management are adequately/efficiently supported.
- Provides Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and knowledge management support (e.g. SharePoint, CO Intranet and Team web sites) through coordination of office contents/records management including systems for the acquisition, storage and retrieval of electronic data
- Manages the local database capacity required using standard ICT database and collaboration tools.
- Provides support to ensure the accuracy and accessibility of data sources.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to relevant sections (i.e. Communications) in provision of externally facing websites, contents and security.
- Provides assistance in the use of social media outreach.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Bachelor degree in related area, supplemented with formal training in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications and Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 (four) years of relevant professional work experience. Secondary education may be considered with minimum of six (6) years of professional related experience.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or equivalent customer support certification is an asset.
- Experience in providing assistance to users on IT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools is required.
- Practical experience in providing technical and business Customer Support and Services is required.
- Practical experience and working knowledge of various computer platforms and applications is required.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. This position is open for Indonesian national only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend