Internship Human Resources Unit, Bissau, Guinea-Bissau
Job no: 517553
Work type: Internship
Categories: Human Resources, Internship
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, participation.
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF's work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Purpose of the current internship:
Under the direct supervision of the HR Officer the intern will provide:
- Screens and files incoming correspondence and facilitates organizing the spontaneous profiles/CVs in HR unit.
- In collaboration with Communication and Administrative units, he/she will assist the elaboration, formatting, illustration and production of documents for the internal HR booklet.
- Files all the document in folder and updates in mail log book, monitors file to follow up and ensure all the document is completed and made accessible.
- Responds to internal and external requests for information. Maintains record in file (electronic and hard copy)
- Information and discussions well recorded; and communication provided to support Office and universities to collect potential female candidates.
- Assist to attract talented female graduates to gain experience working with UNICEF.
- To facilitate communication with national Universities that would provide talented female graduates to support UNICEF programme.
- Provide a general support to the HR unit and when required
- Provides support to HR when required for compilation of data when necessary, and perform other duties as required.
Start date (indicative): December 2018 to May 2019
Duration: 6 months
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme in business or public administration, social sciences, education or related field.
- Fluency in English or French. Portuguese is required.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent knowledge of MS Office is required.
Salary/Payment: UNICEF will not pay for services provided by an intern and all the expenses connected with these services must be borne by the intern. There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship. However, a stipend, a monthly stipend of 100 USD will be paid to the appointed candidate.
How to apply?
The candidates for internship should send his/her CV, a letter of interest, and a letter of recommendation (can be from employers, internships, university professor, etc.).
For every Child, you demonstrate
Our core values are Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and our Core Competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Female applications are strongly encouraged.
Advertised: Greenwich Standard Time
Applications close: Greenwich Standard Time