Temporary Appointment of Human Resources Assistant (HR Operations), GS-5, Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary
Job no: 518389
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Human Resources, Support: Operations, G-5, Operations and Business Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a voice
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary manages the processing of transactions on behalf of UNICEF offices around the world. The GSSC provides services to UNICEF offices globally in the areas of HR Administration, Payroll, Finance and Customer Care (Information Technology Global Help Desk).
• Plans, schedules and leads regular recruitment campaigns
• Schedules and coordinates written tests, open days and interviews
• Engages with candidates and hiring managers on the status of recruitment
• Schedules career events and fairs, coordinating logistical arrangements. Represents the centre in career events on ad hoc basis
• Prepares and organizes distribution of outreach materials
• Liaises and manages relationships with outreach vendors.
• Maintains and updates talent group rosters.
HR Analysis and Reporting
• Prepares and disseminates regular updates on HR staff statistics within GSSC
• Maintains and updates organizational chart
• Provides overall support to the HR Team as required, including on special projects
Interested candidates can apply through our website. Please indicate your notice period in your cover letter.
• 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in Human Resources administration, including experience in recruitment is required. A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted as 4 years toward the minimum work experience requirements.
• Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
• Fluency in verbal and written English is required. Knowledge of Hungarian is an asset.
• Non – EU citizens must be in possession of a work permit.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
View our competency framework at
Advertised: Central Europe Standard Time
Applications close: Central Europe Standard Time