Temporary Appointment of Programmer (SQL and PowerShell), P-2, UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary
Job no: 518397
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Information Communication Technology, Support: Operations, P-2, Operations and Business Management
For every child, dignity.
The UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary is a global hub to deliver to all UNICEF offices services related to HR Administration (on-boarding, maintenance, off-boarding), Payroll, Finance (invoice and payment processing, bank reconciliation, GL accounting, asset accounting, master data management) and Customer Care IT services.
The GSSC is a center of excellence for the global delivery of efficient services with a culture of continuous business improvement, customer service, knowledge sharing and innovation to support the effective achievement of UNICEF’s programme results worldwide.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF GSSC will be aggregating data from multiple sources, including SAP, Case Management tool NeoCase (soon to be replaced by ServiceNow) and other structured and unstructured data sources to perform data analysis and conduct detective data review to identify risks, trends and opportunities for process improvement. In addition, a series of tasks are needed to collect, extract, parse, and aggregate data to make available in a data warehouse for processing and consumption.
This Temporary Appointment will help automate tasks currently performed manually and assist in the process of feeding the current data warehouse to allow the business teams to create needed reports and to efficiently and effectively monitor and evaluate performance, influence process improvement at field office levels and to support more informed decision-making processes.
The selected candidate will bring expert skills in automation, scripting, database management and SQL programming to support the GSSC Customer Care section to provide a structured data source to be used for data analysis, performance measurement, KPI reports generation, identification of improvement areas, and to make strategic decisions.
This will involve:
• Manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, multi-dimensional data sets from different sources and aggregating it in a data warehouse deployed in MS SQL Server 2012
• Conducting data clean up exercises
• Utilizing Microsoft PowerShell or other tools to automate manual tasks related to the process of data extraction and system integration
• Debugging of system failures, system bugs and apply fixes and support end users for continuous data extraction and analysis
The temporary appointee will work with the UNICEF GSSC’s Customer Care section in the activities defined above. The temporary appointee will use MS SQL Server 2012, Report Builder 3.0, MS Power BI, Microsoft PowerShell and other tools to automate current manual tasks related to data manipulation and systems integration.
As an advocate for every child, you will have…
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in database design and development, business analysis or software engineering
• Strong understanding of data warehouse design concepts, principles and database structures
• Working knowledge of automation and programming using Microsoft PowerShell is required.
• Self-motivation with ability to work independently in a collaborative team environment, excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
• Detail-orientation and ability to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in delivered products, i.e.: dashboards, reports, data analysis, etc.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Fluency in another UN Language (Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, French) is desirable.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI experience and SAP familiarity is a significant advantage.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Advertised: Central Europe Standard Time
Applications close: Central Europe Standard Time