Re-advertisement National Contractor: Obesity prevention and the nutrition of school-age children program, Jakarta Indonesia
Job no: 534580
Contract type: Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, health
A steadily growing economy isn't benefiting all. Half the population still lives in poverty and children's changes can vary dramatically depending on their families’ wealth or where they live.
For more information, visit the UNICEF Indonesia Country Office website: https://www.unicef.org/indonesia/
How can you make a difference?
Re-advertisement: applicants who had previously applied will be considered and need not re-apply.
Title: National Contractor: Obesity prevention and the nutrition of school-age children program
Duty Station: Jakarta
Type of Contract: Individual Contractor - Special Service Agreement
Duration: November 2020 – October 2021 (11.5 months)
The nutrition unit has expanded its programming areas to address all forms of malnutrition throughout the life cycle over the recent years, which has enabled the unit to explore emerging areas of nutrition-related challenges and new exciting topics, including food systems, overweight prevention and the nutrition of school-age children, among others. Coupled with this expansion, the current COVID-19 pandemic has also increased both the volume and scope of urgently needed policy and programmatic interventions to protect children and women from malnutrition in all its forms. Moreover, one officer is soon going on maternity leave. The national nutrition consultant is thus required to support the unit with the growing workload, in particular evidence generation, policy advocacy, programme development, implementation and management and communication for development in the areas of overweight prevention and the nutrition of school-age children and to backstop the important nutrition portfolios during the staff’s maternity leave.
WORK ASSIGNMENT and DELIVERABLES
Under the supervision of Nutrition Specialist, the details of work assignment and deliverables are as follows:
• Provide over all support to the overweight prevention programme, which include specific tasks as follows:
- Completing the preliminary report of overweight landscape analysis consisting of current overweight situation in the country and related policy analysis, with interviews with key stakeholders to triangulate data and identify any additional policies and documents to be reviewed
- Organizing consultations with stakeholders from each system (e.g. health, nutrition, WASH, education, social protection) and develop a national strategy for overweight prevention
• Provide overall support to the nutrition of school-age children programme, which include specific tasks as follows:
- Supporting finalization of nutrition education materials for school-age children
- Supporting a rapid assessment of school-age children’s diets during COVID-19 and subsequent development of communication materials and policy dialogue plans
- Developing a strategy for nutrition education programme pilot, including designing of the programme, development of monitoring framework of the pilot, coordination with national and district governments, management of implementing partner(s) etc
• Preliminary report of obesity landscape analysis
• Report summarizing the consultation discussion points
• National strategy for overweight prevention draft
• Tools for pre-test of the nutrition education materials
• Report and meeting minutes from the technical workshop
• Report (format TBD) on the assessment results
• Pilot programme document with key information on design, budget, implementation and monitoring plan and other critical aspects of the programme
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
• Advanced degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or related fields is required
• A minimum of 8 years’ professional experience in the fields of nutrition or public health is required
• Experience in engaging with high level government officials and working at sub-national level (district, province) is highly preferred
• Experience in policy analysis, programme management and policy advocacy is highly preferred, and such experience in the field of nutrition is considered an asset
• Excellent command, both written and oral, of English and Bahasa Indonesia is required
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies as follow:
• Builds and Maintains Partnerships
• Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
• Drive to achieve results for impact
• Innovates and embraces change
• Manages ambiguity and complexity
• Thinks and acts strategically
• Works collaboratively with others
• Nurtures, leads and manages people
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. This vacancy is open for Indonesian only.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Closing date: 27 October 2020
Disclaimer: The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: SE Asia Standard Time