Fund Raising Officer (Digital) NOA #87234, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Malaysian Only)
Job no: 554115
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Fund Raising
Are you excited to dive into an industry that is at the precipice of great disruption and change?
Are you emboldened by the opportunity to chart a trailblazing new path in the future state of digital marketing?
Are you ready to widen your horizon and work alongside with our global community of digital experts that includes strategy, analytics, campaign management, optimization and omnichannel marketing?
Then a career in UNICEF is just right for you!
This is a highly empowered working environment where you will be accounted with full ownership to drive high quality work.
The Digital Fundraising Officer is responsible to play a key role in developing fundraising and marketing potential in digital, mobile and integration of other channels.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
The NOA Fundraising Officer (Digital) is responsible to play a key role in developing fundraising potential in digital, mobile and integration of other fundraising channels.
How can you make a difference?
OPERATIONS & REPORTING
Be responsible for and overlook the day-to-day operation of individual fundraising acquisition activities in digital channels such as on-line, mobile, e-mail and DRTV by working closely with the Fundraising Officer – Digital (NO-B). Support, monitor and evaluate performance through:
- Regular monitoring of acquisition activities to ensure full functioning of the site
- Analyze and monitor channel performance utilizing digital tools, eg. Google Analytics
- Conduct regular meetings with other fundraising team and relevant vendors or consultant to review and improve donor conversion and accuracy of donor data collection
- Provide technical support to the business intelligence and donor love team for effective collection of transaction data from the on-line payment site to the CRM system
- Support the development and revision of SOP related to digital donation processing and data management
- Bidding and creation of Institutional or Consultant contract for key services required for the function of digital fundraising activities and all relevant vendors such as digital media performance agency, SEO agency, mobile aggregator, edm (electronic direct mail) service provider etc
- Facilitate corporate partnership for co-branded fundraising list/cross marketing and build relationship with co-branded list owner
- Prepare and submit forecasts, campaign analysis and reports, and annual reports on all digital fundraising acquisition campaigns
- Support rapid activation of emergency response operations when emergency fundraising is required
Plan and execute optimization activities to enhance acquisition through digital channels
- Monitor and report results of fundraising campaigns regularly to analyze and recommend best course of action for optimization
- Conduct systematic testing on various digital channels in partnership with relevant stakeholders to optimize donor acquisition, including landing page, traffic campaign and search engine optimization (SEO) optimization
- Lead discussions with media performance agency to plan and execute campaign optimization to further enhance campaign performance
- Work closely with the Donor Love team to identify areas to improve retention of digital pledge donors, to increase ROI per donor
- Be the knowledge leader in digital marketing. Establish and maintain good relationship with digital marketing professional/community to build UNICEF Malaysia knowledge in digital marketing.
- Monitor competitor digital fundraising activity and use analysis to inform strategy
CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT & EXECUTION
Manage and execute Digital fundraising acquisition campaigns
- Support the development and monitoring of the annual digital work plan and budget, together with the Fundraising Officer – Digital (NO-B)
- Lead research programmes with support from Marketing Services Team for content development and prepare creative brief for production of digital fundraising material and media scheduling
- Conduct regular meetings with digital media performance agency to analyze, review results from on-going digital fundraising acquisition campaigns
- Build cash donor journey, including conversion to pledge donor through multi touch points (online and offline)
- Build SOP for emergency campaign execution and management
- Verify all sales report against invoices
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first level university degree (Bachelor) in Marketing, Business Administration, Digital Advertising, Digital Fundraising, or another relevant field is required.
- A minimum 1 year of professional experience.
- Having six (6) years professional experience in digital marketing experience is preffered
- Experience in the use of content management systems, e—mail broadcasting tools and analytics packages
- Experience in some of the following areas: online strategy and web development relationship marketing/eCRM, search marketing integrated media planning, and marketing communications
- Financial analysis of fundraising campaign, ROI computation, lifetime value
- Analysis of donor database
- Knowledge and expertise in management, marketing strategy
- Technical competence in digital marketing, CRM programme
- General ability to draft clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form, specific skills in direct mail campaign and retention material
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with creative agency, marketing agency, supplier Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of computer systems, database, internet navigation and various office applications, specifically interactive digital media
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or the local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason. **wherever applicable
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Deadline: Singapore Standard Time