Consultancy - Corporate and Resource Planning Analyst, Strategic Planning, Implementation, Monitoring & Reporting (SPIMR), DAPM (NYHQ) - remote based
Job no: 535249
Contract type: Consultancy
Location: United States
Consultancy Title: Corporate and Resource Planning Analyst
Section/Division/Duty Station: SPIMR/DAPM/New York (remote-based)
Duration: 2 November 2020 to 29 December 2020
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments. UNICEF has over 12,000 staff in more than 145 countries.
The world has been challenged by the extraordinary pandemic with its unforeseen direct and indirect impact. However, UNICEF has kept the ambition and stay focused to respond to the Secretary General’s call for Decade of Action, in developing its Strategic Plan 2022-2025 to express UNICEF’s commitment and deliver results for the world disadvantaged children.
The development process for the Strategic Plan, 2022-2025 has five phases with the analysis during Phase 1 (Sep 2020 to Dec 2020). The finding of the analysis phase is instrumental to the development of the Strategic Plan, 2022-2025, providing insights and learnings of the current Strategic Plan to further improve UNICEF’s corporate performance.
The consultant will support the Strategic Planning and Corporate Analysis (SPCA) team in the Division of Data, Analysis, Planning, and Monitoring (DAPM) with analytical findings in relation to the funding and financing situation of the current Strategic Plan, 2018-2021 to assist the resource planning in framing the Strategic Plan, 2022-2025.
Terms of Reference / Deliverables
Under the overall guidance of the SPCA team, the consultant will undertake the following work and produce analytical report and PowerPoint presentation.
- In collaboration with HQ Divisions, conduct funding and financing analysis of the SP 2018 – 2021.
- In coordination with HQ Divisions, estimate funding and financing situation of 2020 – 2021, in light of the impact of COVID-19 on programmatic activities and internal cost saving measures.
- Conduct performance analysis as regards to funding vs results of over and under-performed indicators.
- Advanced university degree in social science, public policy, economics, political science, planning, or related field.
(2) Work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation, or data analysis
- Working knowledge and experience in UNICEF Strategic Plan or equivalent in other international organization
- Thorough understanding of and work experience in results frameworks and results-based management is an asset
- It is an asset if the individual has experience with, or in, multilateral institutions such as the UN or UNICEF.
- Strong technical and analytical writing skills in English is required
- Ability to synthesize and present complex information in a concise manner
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to establish harmonious working relations in a multicultural environment
- Completed profile in UNICEF's e-Recruitment system and provide Personal History Form (P11) Upload copy of academic credentials
- Financial proposal that will include:
- your daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference (can be downloaded here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_consultancy_assignments.html
- travel costs and daily subsistence allowance, if internationally recruited or travel is required as per TOR.
- Any other estimated costs: visa, health insurance, and living costs as applicable.
- Indicate your availability
- Any emergent / unforeseen duty travel and related expenses will be covered by UNICEF.
- At the time the contract is awarded, the selected candidate must have in place current health insurance coverage.
- Payment of professional fees will be based on submission of agreed satisfactory deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant.
U.S. Visa information:
With the exception of the US Citizens, G4 Visa and Green Card holders, should the selected candidate and his/her household members reside in the United States under a different visa, the consultant and his/her household members are required to change their visa status to G4, and the consultant’s household members (spouse) will require an Employment Authorization Card (EAD) to be able to work, even if he/she was authorized to work under the visa held prior to switching to G4.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Deadline: Eastern Daylight Time