(Re-Advertisement) Fundraising Associate (Next Gen), Temporary Appointment (364 days), GS-6, Bangkok, Thailand (Thai Nationals only).
Job no: 537694
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships, G-6
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Better Future.
These days we advocate for laws and policies that better deliver on children’s rights while making sure that the human and financial resources needed to carry them out are available. We have around 50 staff members working with our partners to find new and innovative ways to protect the rights of all children in the country and to ensure that the benefits of Thailand’s rapid and impressive development reach the most disadvantaged children.
By bringing together all types of individuals concerned with child rights, we move closer to the day when every child in Thailand, regardless of gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or legal status, has a fair chance to grow up in a safe, healthy and protective environment and reach their full potential.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF Next Generation (NextGen) is a group of young leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators in their 20s and 30s who commit their resources, resolve and enthusiasm toward supporting UNICEF’s life-saving work. NextGen members mobilize their networks and inspire their generation to take action on behalf of the world’s most vulnerable children.
The NextGen Fundraising Associate will help build and grow NextGen by engaging with target group of young professionals, leaders, and current and future philanthropists who are committed to UNICEF’s mission. The NextGen Fundraising Associate will design and execute a marketing plan leveraging the strengths and resources of the NextGen network to promote NextGen, build the base of NextGen supporters, mobilize resources for UNICEF’s work and enhance the impact of NextGen on children’s issues in Thailand.
Under the supervision of Philanthropy Officer, the incumbent will work in close collaboration with a range of staff in the office and external parties to help develop and support NextGen activities. S/He provides regular feedback on the status of NextGen through monitoring milestones and advises on improvements to maintain the network’s momentum.
1. Support creation and implementation the NextGen marketing strategy:
- Strategy: working with the UNICEF team and NextGen Champions, develop strategies to build the reach and profile of NextGen and engage new potential members and partners – through media relations, events, social media, email and other channels.
- Content and execution: including website development, social media content creation, leading organization of an annual UNICEF NextGen event, supporting organization of NextGen Champion-led events and activities, and other marketing tasks. Also includes reporting back to NextGen members on programmes supported through their resources and efforts.
- Support to NextGen Champions: support in ideating, developing and where necessary executing NextGen Champion individual plans, including content approvals within UNICEF.
2. Support the programme by driving NextGen network cultivation:
- Recruit new members: Achieve NextGen network expansion goals through direct and indirect recruitment efforts, including research, prospect identification, outreach and cultivation.
- Support NextGen Champions in networking & recruitment: Directly work with NextGen Champions and their working groups to achieve their recruitment, fundraising, and programme impact goals.
- Integrate NextGen members into broader UNICEF supporter communities: Contribute to developing strategies on how to further engage prospects and NextGen members in broader UNICEF support lifecycles.
3. Support Fundraising activities and responsible for generating funding and recruiting NextGen members, supporting the Philanthropy Officer in ensuring NextGen meet its annual financial goal of 4.5 million THB.
4. Administration: provide administrative and necessary support relevant to the project, i.e. arranging meetings, drafting related minutes, maintaining the donor database system, etc.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education. University degree in related field, i.e. Marketing, Communication, Advertising preferred.
- Minimum six years of working experience with one-year direct professional experience to campaign management, media and events.
- Thai Nationals only.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai required.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and especially in word processing and spreadsheets is a must.
- Experience in an international organization desirable, familiarity with UN systems is a plus
- Meet UNICEF’s core value and core competencies (Drive for Result, Working with People and Communication)
- In-depth knowledge of UN/UNICEF organizational structure, administrative policies and procedures, is a plus
- The ideal candidate will be a resourceful and energetic self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work autonomously to meet deadlines.
- Proficient/proven ability in fundraising, social media, campaign management.
- Proven records of proficiency in the following: Formulating strategies and concepts, Analyzing, Persuading and Influencing, Relating and Networking, and Entrepreneurial thinking
- Event planning and fundraising experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekend and evening commitments.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in 1) Builds and maintains partnerships, 2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness, 3) Drive to achieve results for impact, 4) Innovates and embraces change, 5) Manages ambiguity and complexity, 6) Thinks and acts strategically, 7) Works collaboratively with others, and 8) Nurtures, leads and manages people (applicable for supervisor and manager’s role).
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package under the UN system.
Only shortlisted candidates with pre-screening according to child safeguarding will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Please send application together with P-11 and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years later than 26 April 2021.
** Re-advertisement: previous candidates do not need to re-apply**
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
For gender balance in the workforce, Thai National male qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: SE Asia Standard Time