(Re-Advertisement) Fundraising Associate (Marketing - Retention), GS-6, Fixed-Term, Thailand CO, Bangkok, (Thai Nationals only) #56504
Job no: 537980
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships, G-6
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, better future.
These days we advocate for laws and policies that better deliver on children’s rights while making sure that the human and financial resources needed to carry them out are available. We have around 50 staff members working with our partners to find new and innovative ways to protect the rights of all children in the country and to ensure that the benefits of Thailand’s rapid and impressive development reach the most disadvantaged children.
By bringing together all types of individuals concerned with child rights, we move closer to the day when every child in Thailand, regardless of gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or legal status, has a fair chance to grow up in a safe, healthy and protective environment and reach their full potential.
Learn about what we do to create a fair chance for every child in Thailand, click here.
How can you make a difference?
Support the development of the audience-centric communication materials, use digital marketing strategies to improve engagement and make efforts on smart segmentation strategy to help our team to personalize our year-round communication plans that resonate with that audience specifically, persuade them to renew their gifts, make a larger contribution and become a regular giving donor.
- Assist the development of cash donor direct mailing and other media fundraising strategic plan for cash and pledge donors.
- Assist in identifying new fundraising opportunities (specifically new techniques), developing plans and implementation. Ensuring a timely and effective implementation of fundraising activities according to the approved plans.
- Assist in organizing a day to day briefing and dealing with contractors, suppliers and relevant personnel with and/or outside the office to develop and implement cash and pledge fundraising campaign
- Mobilizing resources, evaluate the performance of each fundraising activity, brief and scrutinize reports and presentation on expenditure and budget utilization including progress vis a vis the workplan and targets.
- Provide administrative support such as screening incoming correspondence/ calls, arranging meetings, drafting minutes/document, maintaining and updating document repository also knowledge database.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education. University degree in related field, i.e. Marketing, Communication, Advertising preferred.
- Minimum six years of working experience in supporting marketing campaign, advance and dynamic marketing and digital marketing with a hands-on capability on campaign development and analysis.
- Thai Nationals only.
- High fluency in written and spoken English and Thai required.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and especially in word processing and spreadsheets is a must.
- Experience in an international organization desirable, familiarity with UN systems is a plus.
- Meet UNICEF’s core value and core competencies (Drive for Result, Working with People and Communication).
- In-depth knowledge of UN/UNICEF organizational structure, administrative policies and procedures, is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be a resourceful and energetic self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work autonomously to meet deadlines.
- Proficient/proven ability in fundraising, social media, campaign management.
- Proven records of proficiency in the following:
- Formulating strategies and concepts, Analyzing, Persuading and Influencing, Relating and Networking, and Entrepreneurial thinking
- Event planning and fundraising experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekend and evening commitments.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in 1) Builds and maintains partnerships, 2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness, 3) Drive to achieve results for impact, 4) Innovates and embraces change, 5) Manages ambiguity and complexity, 6) Thinks and acts strategically, 7) Works collaboratively with others, and 8) Nurtures, leads and manages people (applicable for supervisor and manager’s role).
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package under the UN system.
Only shortlisted candidates with pre-screening according to child safeguarding will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Please send application no later than 25 April 2021.
All UN including UNICEF candidates need to send an application letter together with Personal History (P-11) and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years.
** Re-advertisement: previous candidates do not need to re-apply**
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
For gender balance in the workforce, Thai National male qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: SE Asia Standard Time