Individual Contractor – Transfer Project evaluation and research uptake specialist, ESARO, Nairobi
Job no: 538350
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Social and Economic Policy, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Protection
How can you make a difference?
Please see attached TORs Request for Indiv Contractor -Transfer Project consultant in ESAR.docx
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree (Masters) from an accredited academic institution, in a discipline related to social protection, human development, economics, public policy or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in research methods for social scientists or public health specialists, with at least one research project focused on sub-Saharan Africa, direct experience working with an Africa based research or academic institution is preferred.
- Strong understanding of impact evaluation concepts and approaches, preferably including design and implementation of representative impact evaluations and/or programme process evaluation of national social protection cash transfer programmes, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong understanding of social protection theories and interventions, especially cash transfers and administration in resource-poor settings.
- Experience in budget analysis, costing and developing investment cases an asset.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to conceptualize development issues and write high quality technical reports, analytical materials and guidelines.
- Proven ability to communicate and work in a multi-cultural environment and provide remote organizational support to government officials.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English (fluency) required. Working knowledge of French (basic) and/or Portuguese (basic) would be an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: E. Africa Standard Time