International Consultancy to support the Village Health Volunteer Strengthening in the Community Health Systems Strengthening Action Plan for Primary Health Care in Lao PDR.
Job no: 539406
Contract type: Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
UNICEF in Vientiane, Lao PDR is looking for an Individual Consultancy: Individual contract for International Consultant to support the Village Health Volunteer Strengthening in the Community Health Systems Strengthening Action Plan for Primary Health Care in Lao PDR. The duration of this assignment is 8 months. The assignment is remotely working from home country with one visit to country if travel restrictions are lifted.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
The international consultant will work closely with the national consultant, UNICEF MCH team, the national counterparts, UNJP partners, INGOs and other partners for completion of the following assignments:
- Inception report with detailed consultancy’s detailed activities, timeframe and deliverables
- Health Facility (HF) and VHV mapping and capacity assessment.
- Data cleaning, analysis and reporting for the 12 focus districts.
- Village Health Volunteers tool kits
- Assist to identify and finalize key messages for 1000-day home visit of VHVs
- Incorporate key COVID-19 vaccination messages
- Assist to develop VHV counselling job-aid including piloting on the use of counselling card for IPC purpose.
- Assist to develop training materials for implementing the training for VHVs, including work with the local LTA video/ comms companies to produce the videos
- Document best practices and lesson learnt in the process of testing the CHSS model with recommendation and potential solution
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in social sciences, communication, public health, or other related field
• At least 10 years experience in communication for development and community health systems strengthening in Low and Middle Income countries.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of WHO/UNICEF global guidelines, tools and methodologies in community PHC and MNCAH programs;
- Previous working experience in communication for development with ministry of Health, UNICEF/ UN is an asset;
- Interpersonal communication skills;
- Use of Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Works collaboratively with others, drive to achieve results.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents to: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
- Letter of Interest (cover letter)
- CV or Resume
- Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments (if available)
- Financial proposal: All-inclusive lump-sum cost including travel and accommodation cost for this assignment as per work assignment.
The deadline for applications is: 22 April 2021
A two stage procedure shall be utilized in evaluating proposals, with evaluation of the technical proposal being completed prior to any price proposal being compared.
Applications shall therefore contain the following required documentation:
1. Technical Proposal, including a cover letter, updated CV, and copies of 2 relevant evaluations performed earlier by the consultant.
2. Financial Proposal: Lump-sum offer with the cost breakdown: Consultancy fee, travel costs (economy class), per-diem to cover lodging, meals, and any other cost related to the consultant's stay in Vientiane, including transportation inside the city and other costs. The travel (if involved) shall be based on the most direct and economy fare.
No financial information should be contained in the technical proposal.
For evaluation and selection method, the Cumulative Analysis Method (weight combined score method) shall be used for this recruitment:
a) Technical Qualification (max. 100 points) weight 70 %
Degree Education in social sciences, communication, public health, or other related field (30 points)
Knowledge of WHO/UNICEF global guidelines, tools and methodologies in community PHC and MNCAH programs (20 points)
Experience working in communication with development, with ministry of Health, UNICEF/ UN (30 points)
Quality of past work, positive past evaluation (e.g. understanding, methodology) (20 points)
b) Financial Proposal (max. 100 points) weight 30 %
The maximum number of points shall be allotted to the lowest Financial Proposal that is opened /evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum 70 points score in the technical evaluation. Other Financial Proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
The applicants should provide medical insurance covering medical evacuation for the whole duration of the assignment -as part of the financial proposal submission.
The Contract shall be awarded to candidate obtaining the highest combined technical and financial scores, subject to the satisfactory result of the verification interview.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: SE Asia Standard Time