2 x Statistics & Monitoring Associate (GS-6), FT & TA, GAU, Monitoring, Strategic Data and Evidence Unit, Supply Division, Cph
Job no: 542087
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The Monitoring, Strategic Data and Evidence Unit focuses on the generation, synthesis, use and sharing of evidence and data as key contributions to supply chain optimization, programme design, and demonstrating results and achievements. The unit serves as the centralized source of official supply and logistics data, statistics and analysis, as well as the norm-setting entity on supply data in UNICEF. It leads on performance monitoring and end-to-end supply chain monitoring, as well as research and evaluation to use evidence to inform improvements to processes. It leverages UNICEF’s experience in supply chain monitoring and performance measuring to support countries improve quantification, visibility and performance of their supply chain through increased use of data. The unit’s work is cross-cutting in nature, providing support to SD, Regional and Country Offices, and collaborating with other Divisions and external supply partners. The positions with this Job Profile provide reliable and timely supply data in view of supporting analysis, monitoring for supply and logistics activities, and support the development of capacity in these areas in countries.
For further details you can visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/
For Every Child…a Sustainable Future
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Specialist (Planning)
- provides reliable and timely supply data which supports analysis and monitoring of the global supply function by Country and Regional offices, Procurement Services Customers and Supply Division;
- assists in the development, testing and implementation of business process improvements and tools, including SAP-VISION.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Provide required statistics for the Director’s Office, including Supply Division annual reports and regular reports, ensuring accuracy of the data and analysis, creating the required tools for data validation.
- Develop, standardize and improve tools and models for data analysis, including tools for data-validation, monitoring, planning, reporting, supply chain visibility and performance management.
- Collaborate with the Communications unit and the Director’s Office on supply data for external usage.
- Prepare analysis on data collated to support activities like cost accounting, supply chain strengthening, market analysis, supplier performance.
- Review, analyse, test and maintain expertise on all Supply Division’s SAP reports. In collaboration with the Business Intelligence team in NY test and review Dashboards based on reporting requirements from Supply Division ensuring accuracy of output and usefulness of the tools.
- Prepare and maintain user manuals and documentation for the standard Supply Division reporting, monitoring and planning tools, including supporting training to users as applicable, as well as for Country Office reports.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of business process improvements.
- Provide any other assistance as required by the supervisor.
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
- Secondary School Diploma.
- University course work or diploma in business, economics, statistics, supply chain or related field desirable.
- A minimum of 6 years’ work experience in public and/or private sector with supply chain, including data processing and analysis.
- Systems competent, preferable with knowledge of SAP and able to use the SD standard computer software
- Good customer service skills including the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain an effective network of working relationships
- Super-user level of skill in MS Excel and knowledge of Power Bi is a great advantage.
- Ability to deliver quality work that is timely, complete and accurate with minimum supervision
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application.
Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residency permit as an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French is an asset.
To qualify as a Champion for every Child, you will demonstrate...
Core Values attributes
- Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability
Core competencies skills
- Communication, Working with People & Drive for Results
To view our competency framework, please click here: https://www.unicef.org/careers/get-prepared
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile, and application at our web site: https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/. Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Lilia Winkel-Petersen at email@example.com.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: Romance Daylight Time
Deadline: Romance Daylight Time