Finance Assistant (GS-5) - Temporary Appointment, 364 days, Tripoli, Libya #00117548. ( Libyan Nationals Only)
Job no: 544608
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Finance and Administration
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Chance
How can you make a difference?
The Finance Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative and specialized tasks in finance and accounting functions for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative and financial procedures, rules and regulations, processes, and policies.
2. Key functions, accountabilities, and related duties/tasks Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Invoice Registering and Processing.
Support to Financial Control.
Process & safeguard Payment documents.
Record DCT refund and other receivables.
Petty cash custodian back-up
General Administrative Duties
Invoice Registering and Processing:
• Serve as one entry point for all invoices, stamp them with date of reception.
• Maintain registers of all incoming invoices and ensure its distribution to respective sections/units.
• Monitors and report on weekly basis paid invoices and highlight time taken to process each invoice.
• Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in vision; Upload electronic files and verify results to destination system; Respond to client transaction status and other inquiries. Support to Financial Control
• Maintain unit/work plans and budgets as well as offline financial status reports for Unit work plans, Monitor and advise budget owners on financial status of projects and potential over- expenditures and recommend possibilities for reallocation to ensure the optimum use available funds.
- Make disbursements from petty cash funds, maintain records of these disbursements and balances accounts, as required (in the absence of main custodian).
- Monitor deposits of cash receipts on UNICEF bank accounts; Initiate all receivables including DCT refund in Vision.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: E. Europe Daylight Time
Deadline: E. Europe Daylight Time