In-house F2F (Face-to-face) Consultant – Open to all nationalities, 18 months consultancy (Kuala Lumpur/Putrajaya)
Job no: 550074
Contract type: Consultancy
Duty Station: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
After turbulent years of COVID, recovery is expected to accelerate going into 2022. Aligning with this forecast, F2F has outlined an ambitious plan and target as part of the 2022-2025 Malaysia Country Office (MCO) Private Sector Fundraising and Partnership (PFP) strategy. In-house team is expected to bring in approximately 8,000-10,000 approved pledge donors in 2022 and will have an average incremental growth rate of around 20% year on year.
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
To rebuild the operation, the F2F in-house team would need an experienced F2F consultant to guide and provide practical and implementable recommendations in decision-making. The consultant is expected to lead and rebuild the in-house team and to develop a competent local national F2F Head upon the end of consultancy contract. The ultimate objective of this consultancy is to build the capacity in the local team for the future sustainability of the in-house F2F campaign of Malaysia Country Office.
Scope of Work:
Consultancy duration: Expected to start around July 2022 and end in December 2023.
The specific objectives of this consultancy are:
- Leading In-house team to achieve results - The incumbent will lead the in-house team to meet its acquisition target while creating a positive work environment (back-end and front-end).
- Work closely with supervisor in devising short term (6months - 2 years) strategy and providing insight for long term (2 - 5 years) strategic planning in growing acquisition targets.
- Design, implement and test clear team structure, job function, specific KPIs for each job category for both back-end and front-end team.
- Develop a vision and inspire the in-house F2F fundraising team (IHT) [ranging between 30 - 70 headcounts] coherently to achieve the weekly, monthly and yearly acquisition indicators.
- Manage managers and team leaders (TL) in running smooth operations within the in-house team, setting ambitious goals among the teams and motivating the team to make the goals into reality.
- Performance management - The incumbent will monitor and report team performance and develop managers and TL’s performance management skills.
- Agree, monitor, and update specific annual performance indicators via standard reporting templates.
- Plan, evaluate, conduct and document quarterly reviews and results for managers and TL.
- Act as an active observer in managers and TL’s bi-weekly 1-2-1. Then provide guidance and recommendations in (a) ensuring deep understanding of each performance indicator, (b) linking indicators and fundraiser’s behaviors, (c) providing practical feedback and (d) thorough follow-ups and documentation.
- Create and update a list of performer categories for capacity building purposes.
- In the presence of the team manager, actively engage with low-performers to improve monthly performance indicators by identifying improvement areas and implementing remedial action.
- Identify, recognize, motivate and retain high performers from each category for potential capacity building.
- Capacity planning and building - The incumbent will develop local talent and ensure operation sustainability with systematic capacity planning and building.
- Design, develop and document promotion criteria and develop career development for each job category in a transparent and inclusive manner.
- Based on 1-2-1 and field observation, identify and recommend potential successor(s) for each category through robust performance tracker and analysis work.
- Work together with respective managers and to groom the selected successors in closing the talent knowledge gap via various innovative interventions (training, coaching programme, shadowing, short term projects, etc....)
- Internal communication - The incumbent will cultivate a working culture that upholds Care, Responsibility, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) values and effectively manages change initiatives.
- Work with supervisor and in-house team in (a) instilling a strong sense of CRITA values. (b) building and supporting a culture of innovative and evidence-driven mindset to drive fundraising growth.
- Work closely with supervisor and in-house leaders, strategically communicating any change initiative within the in-house team, advising on the right forum, timing and content to ensure the in-house team are informed, inspired and empowered to do their best work.
- Find, propose, execute, and test initiatives/ activities that increase employee engagement and satisfaction in achieving the fundraising goals. Document, present and share each finding after the test initiative.
- Create innovative and compelling activities to bring together the fundraising, back-end, and PFP teams.
- Strategic coordination and implementation (Fundraising operations) - The incumbent will oversee the overall fundraising operations (front-end and back-end).
- Identify, filter and communicate operation’s needs (such as training, hiring, site booking, engagement activities, etc...) with the back-end team to ensure smooth in-house fundraising operation.
- Initiate and maintain monthly operation planning with back-end team to ensure smooth fundraising operations.
- Understand, communicate and adhere to approved SOPs related to fundraising operations.
- Give support in product/ campaign development and ensure smooth and successful campaign execution at the field level.
- Identify, report, resolve or mitigate critical (operational, brand, public relation, financial) risk in consultation with supervisor.
- Conduct weekly random field visits to motivate and train the teams and ensuring best practices.
- Check and approve necessary expenses (claims, payroll, sites fee, etc...) related to the in-house team.
- Oversee monthly employee engagement, training and site booking calendar.
- Plan and monitor monthly recruitment needs.
- Oversee and manage the back-end team's operational efficiencies and effectiveness in achieving fundraising goals.
Mode of Consultancy
- The consultant is expected to work 5 days per week, and will be working in office and/ or in the F2F field.
- The consultant is expected to play a leadership role for the in-house team in fulfilling the deliverables and targets.
- The consultant will make his/her own arrangement for accommodation and transport to and from the office.
- A workplan detailing key initiatives will be drafted, discussed and agreed upon arrival and will be adjusted if needed. The workplan minimum targets have already been set in the Private Sector Planning (PSP) projections.
- Payments in ringgits will be done on a monthly basis after review of the work plan and upon completion of the deliverables as certified by the Supervisors.
- UNICEF will pay for travel costs relevant to the assignment as per the organizational guideline.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Minimum secondary education. University degree is an asset, but not a requirement. Intermediate use of Excel or similar tool is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional managerial experience in a leadership role of managing F2F field operations, with proven track records success and growth, demonstrated ability to managing a medium team size of 50 – 60 fundraisers.
- Experience in setting up and implementing organisational structure, performance management system and capacity building programme.
- Experience in analysing results and basic data for decision making
- Fluence in English is required
- Coaching/ advisory skills – the ability to help others in achieving fundraising/ career development goals.
- Strongly results driven.
- Strong leadership – the ability to inspire, motivate and drive the team towards success.
- Clear communicator with great interpersonal skills – the ability to build relation with team and internal stakeholder and to communicate effectively.
- Critical thinker and problem solver – the ability to ask clear probing question and drive to solutions quickly.
- Proactive – the ability to take initiative and to work with minimum supervision.
- Planning and implementation – the ability to plan and deliver.
- Intermediate data and financial literacy level – the ability to derive insights from performance dashboards and financial reports (profit and loss, monthly financial reports).
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Deadline: Singapore Standard Time