Driver, GS-2, Monrovia, Liberia #112489, (FT) - For Liberian Nationals Only
Job no: 550575
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Monrovia
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, efficient programme delivery!
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the Position:
The Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of Key Functions/Accountabilities:
1. Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials
2. Maintenance of assigned vehicle
3. Documentation of vehicle-related information
Reliable and Safe Driving Services for Staff and Officials:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
Maintenance of Assigned Vehicle:
- Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
Documentation of Vehicle Related Information:
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
- Education: A Primary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, Embassy or UN system; safe driving record is required.
- Language: Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
For every child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Competencies of Successful Candidate:
- Builds & Maintains Partnerships
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness & Ethical Awareness
- Drive to Achieve Results for Impact
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Manages Ambiguity and Complexity
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Works Collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
For every child, a future!
Advertised: Greenwich Standard Time
Deadline: Greenwich Standard Time