Fund Raising Associate (Corporate Alliance Key Account Management), GS6, São Paulo, Brazil post #120175 [Temp Appointment]
Job no: 551029
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: Sao Paulo
Categories: Partnerships, Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone, and we never give up.
For every child, results
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. Therefore, the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Current job organizational context
The Corporate Partnerships team has ambitious fundraising targets and outcomes to be reached based on market potential and building on successful results already achieved. Our aim and vision are to develop, manage and enhance the fundraising potential of working with businesses in Brazil and a core part of achieving this vision is the Corporate Alliances (CA) key accounts management team (KAM).
After review, additional resource is being created to support KAM team to embrace the new fundraising challenges and to reach the extra income success. The Corporate Alliances Associate (KAM) will support the team on managing key accounts of corporate alliances aiming at retaining and renewing companies’ partners from different industry sectors. The role will have the objective to support the leverage of the flexible or non-fixed income fundraising potential to support both, the local and global UNICEF Programme.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Corporate Partnerships Specialist, the Corporate Alliances Associate (KAM) will undertake the necessary tasks to deliver expected results listed below. S/He will exchange with a range of staff in the Country Office, external partners, and agency counterparts in support of corporate fundraising operation design and delivery. S/He will provide regular feedback on the status of partnerships through monitoring stewardship progress and advises on improvements to keep activities on track.
Key expected results:
- Regular nourishing contacts and stewardship materials mailing to corporate partners follow up.
- Accurate stewardship and renewal monitoring and recommendations, data entry and presentation of information to ensure proper fundraising decision-making.
- Facilitate the development of partnership retention and renewing plan as well as business cases, by providing information and drafting selected sections of it and supporting its implementation.
- Ensure timely and accurate follow up of fundraising proposals and requests for donation addressed to KAM partners, drafting sections of it when necessary.
- Draft and follow up due diligence processes that are part of the renewal of partnerships, informing team-members on the status.
- Assist to conduct regular spot checks of partner’s contract and scheduled transfer to assess their financial accomplishment and UNICEF’s receipting issuing.
- Support the corporate section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate the deliveries as well as preparation of reports follow up, working papers and presentations.
- Carry out transactions in VISION to ensure activities implementation and expenditure coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and make amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Follow up programmatic implementation of corporate partners’ grants and programme-related items for his/her section including but not limited tracking expiring programme grants, warning the supervisor and/or key account management officers when necessary.
- Prepare monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Regularly monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of KAM section by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Assist to prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing stewardship.
- Support events or activities related to partners’ employees or client’s engagement by preparing materials and participating in joint exercises.
- Fortnight new proposals pitches and campaigns with Marketing Services support and other related areas, including outsourced agencies.
- Follow up donor reports with Programme and other involved areas. Assist the preparation monitor and maintain control of records and feedback of donor reports.
- Conduct the target and results analysis and control. Continuously monitor campaign goals and marketing metrics related to the alliance.
- Develop, organize and maintain up-to-date data, information, record documents and control plans for the monitoring of project implementation; maintains library of corporate alliances reference materials.
- Compile lessons learned and support the review of successful and unsuccessful retention and renewal processes.
- The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Corporate Fundraising unit and success in the implementation of activities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization. University Degree preferably in Business Administration, International Relations, Publicity or Marketing is desirable.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience related to corporate fundraising, social investment, partnership development, sponsorship, business development, publicity, project promotion. In case of a higher degree (University bachelor’s degree or higher), it may be considered a substitute for some of the professional experience years required.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required. Knowledge of Spanish is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability.
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drive to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, representing the diversity of Brazil, such as black and indigenous people, to apply to become a part of our organization. Candidates will be equally considered regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, social and HIV/aids status.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Candidates must be Brazilian citizens or have a valid work permit.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
All candidates who wish to apply to this Vacancy Announcement are requested to prepare and submit their application in English.
Advertised: E. South America Standard Time
Deadline: E. South America Standard Time