Fund Raising Associate (Digital Analytics), GS 6, Fixed Term, Manila, Post no. 95039 (Re-Advertisement Previous Applicants Need Not Apply!
Job no: 553847
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Manila
Categories: Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
Visit this link for more information on Philippine Country Office: https://www.unicef.org/philippines/
How can you make a difference?
Under the general guidance of the Fundraising Officer (Digital), the Fundraising Associate (Digital Analytics) will support in the overall digital fundraising activities of the team through implementation of analytics and data expertise, and by providing clear and actionable data analyses and recommendations.
The post will support set-up, implementation and provide best in class in-house analytics capabilities for UNICEF PFP, understanding digital journeys, donor behaviors and profit drivers. The role will facilitate best practices and implementation of campaign analytics, UTM structure, tracking, Google Tag Manager and support the deployment of pixels to track revenue across channels and campaigns.
Through a methodical and intelligent use of audience data, this post will also support overall PFP functions by helping drive business decisions on which digital channels to invest in, digital fundraising products to develop, and content or infrastructure updates to be implemented.
Under the general guidance of the Fundraising Officer (Digital), the post shall undertake the following:
1. Support in setting-up, launch and implement of UNICEF Philippines’ in-house digital analytics capabilities by building a strong analytics framework and providing data expertise:
- Provide visibility of revenue drivers by facilitating best practices learnings for analytics and eCommerce, delivering insights for campaign optimization
- Standardize campaign tagging and tracking and together with Fundraising Officer (Digital Strategy) facilitate proper metrics for evaluation
- Integrate 1st Party Data across our main digital platforms (Google Marketing Platform, Facebook marketing solutions, and other Data Services Platforms) to enable remarketing to existing donors and acquisition campaigns to identify new donors
- Assist in developing a digital dashboard (i.e. Google Data Studio) that will allow PFP to track integrated campaign data consistently
- Assist in creating a workplan for the continuous evolution of analytics within the team, in collaboration with the Fundraising Officer (Digital Strategy)
- Assist in ad tech solutions
2.Support Fundraising Officer (Digital Strategy) to identify and set best practices and standards in analytics, providing benchmarks and insights to optimize digital performance to achieve revenue goals:
- Provide correct set-up of Google Analytics, Dashboards and Google Tag Manager
- Analyze cross-device measurements and TV attribution measurements
- Resolution of technical incidents and validation reviews of previous implementations
- Facilitate in the evolution of tracking in cookie-less environments
3. Support the testing culture within PFP’s digital team and with the digital agency, together with the Fundraising Officer (Digital Strategy):
- Set matrices for A/B or multivariate testing, depending on the nature of the test
- Set objectives, hypotheses, variables and metrics to determine winning tests
- Learn, iterate and build a robust testing framework, whether through social media ads, website landing pages or CRO
4. Provide data and knowledge management support by identifying and organizing data and learnings into actionable recommendations:
- Support the Fundraising Officer (Digital Strategy) in creating reports on a periodic basis by providing accurate and up-to-date digital and donor/income data or trends
- Master digital metrics and KPIs and facilitate setting benchmarks for the measurement of digital campaigns (i.e. CTR, CPC, ROAS, Reach, Impressions, Conversion Rate, etc.)
- Master donor retention and value maximization KPIs for digital donors by understanding donor journeys, survival rates, fulfillment rates, long-term values and other retention metrics
- Act as focal point for the mining and storing of historical digital data in PCO, synthesizing reports and learnings where applicable
5. Support the Fundraising Officer (Digital Strategy) in the implementation of digital fundraising campaigns and various administrative tasks
- Facilitate the set-up and implementation of acquisition campaigns like crowdfunding and lead generation, and support the implementation of cross-cutting initiatives with corporate and key influencer teams
- Support the coordination of emergency fundraising campaign efforts from set-up, launch, optimization and monitoring
- Assist in administrative tasks related to contracts, purchase orders and invoicing of digital partners and other suppliers
6. Be updated with the latest industry analytics technology and trends and provide updates on market insights in Data and Analytics capabilities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required. Preferably supplemented by a technical or a university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of Six (6) years of professional experience is required.
- Experience in data analytics and measurement, whether in digital agencies or in the client side, is preferred.
- Experience in digital fundraising or private sector fundraising areas such as acquisition, conversion, retention, loyalty and multi-channel campaign analysis is an advantage.
- Understanding and experience of Google Marketing Platform products, and Facebook advertising products is an advantage.
- Proven success in delivering data-based insights and recommendations that informed strategic business decisions is a plus.
- Knowledge of digital audience research, segmentation, and trends (qualitative and quantitative research methods) is an asset
- Experience in digital analytics is an asset
- Fluency in English and Filipino is a requirement, both oral and written.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
Works Collaboratively with others (1)
Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in Vacancies | UNICEF Careers under Job Number: 553847 by 15 October 2022. Only applications sent through this e-recruitment portal will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.unicef.org/careers/documents/p11-form indicating three (3) previous supervisors.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Deadline: Singapore Standard Time