Operations Officer, NOB (Temporary Appointment), New Delhi, India, Post No. 113622 (This position is for Indian Nationals only)
Job no: 555367
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: New Delhi
Categories: Adolescent Development
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For Every Child, AN ADVOCATE...
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
- Support the Chief of the Section in the management of operational functions for YuWaah and UNICEF's contribution to YuWaah.
- Accountable for management of cost-effective, efficient and secure operations, in support of management, administration and implementation of the country programmes, consistent with operations of all other country offices in the Region, in strict compliance with the rules and regulations and in accordance with strategy, plans and decisions made by Regional Management Team and Country Programme Management Teams.
- Collaborate with all other UN agencies to accelerate implementation of the Harmonized Business practices in line within Reform/coherence.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operation of financial, budget, information & communication technology, supply & logistics, human resource and administrative management strengthened and maintained for YuWaah.
- Accurate and consistent interpretation and application of operations policy and procedures implemented to support operations at the country and sub-country levels.
- Fiduciary responsibility for funds and assets effectively secured and timely executed for optimum utilization by taking appropriate decision on all operational and financial transactions, disbursement of funds, and administrative arrangements.
- Effective technical input provided in strategic planning and policy recommendations in the area of operations, taking initiative in improving and implementing operations management systems.
- Basic office services effectively provided to enhance staff safety and productivity.
- Operations components of the CPMP (Country Programme Management Plan) and annual work plan of the office timely prepared, as well as all operational reporting requirements fully met for the office.
- Compliance with all operational systems and procedures effectively monitored and corrective measures taken as appropriate to ensure integrity in all financial and other administrative operations of the office.
- Staff learning/development for effective operations performance programme developed, implemented and enhanced for capacity building. All implementing partners’ accountability ensured regarding supply and financial assistance.
- Effective coordination, communication, collaboration established and maintained with internal and external partners for efficient operations, advisory function, vision and leadership, policy coordination, consultative and participatory management process, external representation as well as security and emergency operations. UNDG (United Nations Development Group) policies and processes for harmonized business practices including on joint offices, commons premises and common services are effectively implemented.
- Provide administrative support to YuWaah including but not limited to management of partners, payments, administrative processes including leave, referring necessary documents such as legal document and partnerships to management.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
A University Degree (Bachelor’s) in one of the following areas is required:
- Business management
- Financial management
- Public Finance
- Related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, or any other relevant function.)
A professional license from internationally recognized institutions is an asset.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience.
- Work experience in office management, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and administration and/or other related fields.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Demonstrates Self and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Drive to Achieve Impactful Results (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Changes (1)
- Works Collaboratively with Others (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Manages Ambiguity and Complexity (1)
Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- This position is based in New Delhi (India). The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
- This is a Temporary Appointment and the selected applicant will have a Temporary Appointment contract for eight (8) months.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments are also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: India Standard Time
Deadline: India Standard Time