Technical Associate, GS-6, Oxygen Unit, Health Technology Centre, Supply Division, Copenhagen, Denmark #555387
Job no: 555387
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Copenhagen
Categories: Supply Management
Technical Associate (GS-6 level)
Oxygen Unit, Health Technology Centre
UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, commitment
The position is located with the Medical Unit in the Health Technology Centre (HTC) in Supply Division is reporting to the Technical Specialist responsible for oxygen therapy. Through applied technical, contractual, and operational expertise, HTC supports UNICEF country programmes and procurement services partners. To respond to the increased demand from countries and partners seeking oxygen therapy solutions for the COVID-19 Outbreak response, the HTC has established a specialized team for the procurement of oxygen therapy supplies and solutions.
How can you make a difference?
Under close supervision and technical guidance of the Technical Specialist, Oxygen Therapy, establishes technical standards and guidelines for key programmatic oxygen medical commodities and systems needed in resource limited settings and emergency response procured by UNICEF on behalf of UNICEF programmes and procurement services partners.
The key tasks and responsibilities of the Technical Associate is as follows:
- Drafts, prepares and finalizes product specifications on basis of existing documentation, directives, and customer requirements. Translates specifications with expert assistance as necessary. Communicates with country offices and suppliers to obtain all necessary clarifications. Assists with preparations of conformity assessments and technical evaluations in tendering.
- Maintains technical dossiers of qualified supplier profiles, prepares lists of potential pre-qualified suppliers for sourcing and tendering as support to Contracting function for further action.
- Performs Material Master Maintenance and website management, ensuring all product specifications within the assigned product portfolio are kept up to date. Supports technical guidance to all customers and partners on choice of technology. Clarifies inadequate specifications, proposing substitute or alternative items as necessary. Under the supervision of the technical specialist, is responsible for knowledge management, including knowledge sharing via communication pieces on key products/markets and publication of information.
- Performs market research and horizon scanning for Innovations. Establishes and maintains database for product sources. Contacts and follows up new sources directly or through trade agencies or professional and technical organisations. Extracts, indexes or records information from catalogues, price lists, etc. and analyses against current purchasing data. Supports Innovation projects where market gaps exist.
- In coordination with the Technical Specialist, assist in incorporating sustainable procurement principles in sourcing and supply of a portfolio of high-risk health technologies where applicable.
- Assists country programmes, projects and/or procurement services partners in data analysis and planning, i.e., supply forecasts, product specifications, quantities, and budgets, among other. Provides support to optimization and capacity development projects.
- Assist in monitoring product performance, technical suitability, appropriateness, and durability through post procurement follow up with country offices and implementing partners. Investigates deviations in collaboration with Quality Assurance Centre and, Procurement Services Centre.
- Assists with the facilitation and communication with UNICEF Programmes, Supply Division Centres, UN agencies and NGO partners on technical matters.
- Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education and additional relevant courses preferably in a technical field related to oxygen therapy.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience within a technical function related to the commodity group in a commercial, industrial, or public-sector organisation
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, and other office tools.
- Fluency in English
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residence permit as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF
- Relevant technical courses within the range of oxygen-related medical device products (e.g. mechanical, electrical, chemical, or biomedical engineering).
- Technical experience with the procurement of oxygen delivery and related medical equipment (e.g., patient monitoring equipment)
- Knowledge of another UN language
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Power BI
- UN experience
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and our core competencies as follows:
Core competencies skills
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide
The closing date of this position is the 09th of October 2022.
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply for the above position by creating your profile, and application at our website: https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/
Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Anas Siddiq at firstname.lastname@example.org
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/
Advertised: Romance Daylight Time
Deadline: Romance Daylight Time