Roster for National Internship Programme UNICEF South Sudan- Q4 2023
Job no: 565940
Contract type: Internship
Location: South Sudan
Categories: Adolescent Development, Child Protection, Education, Gender Development, Health, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Social Policy, WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Human Resources, Information Communication Technology, Supply Management, Early Childhood Development, Knowledge Management, Legal Affairs, Operations, Innovation, Programme Management, Administration, Social and Behavior Change, Financial Management, Facilities Management, Health and Nutrition, Research, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Transportation, UN Volunteer
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF's work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. We believe that nurturing and caring for children are the cornerstones of human progress. UNICEF was created with this purpose in mind – to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path. We advocate for measures to give children the best start in life, because proper care at the youngest age forms the strongest foundation for a person’s future.
UNICEF provides long-term humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in 191 countries through country programmes and National Committees.
Click this link to learn What we do
Purpose of the internship:
The purpose of the UNICEF internship programme is:
- To provide a framework by which current eligible undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assessed and assigned to UNICEF offices in Sudan, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments;
- To expose the interns to the work of UNICEF in South Sudan;
- To provide UNICEF offices with the assistance of qualified students and recent university graduates in various professional fields
This internship pool may be used ato fill the following positions:
- ICT Assistant
- Assistant Education Officer
- Communications Assistant
- Finance Assistant
- Child Protection Assistant
- Supply and logistics Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Nutrition Assistant
- Health Assistant
- WASH Assistant
*Specify the internship you would like to be considered for in your cover letter.
To be considered for an internship assignment with UNICEF, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree programme or have graduated within the past two years.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Be proficient in English and fluent in Arabic
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office; and
- Have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to.
- Additional consideration will be given for any relevant past career experience.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
The selected interns are required to uphold the highest standard of conduct and UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Transparency, Accountability and Sustainability.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female applicants, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our internship programme.
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: E. Africa Standard Time