Batch Recruitment: Health & Nutrition Specialist, NOC, FT, (#122969/#122970), Hodaida & Sa'ada, Yemen CO, MENA
Job no: 566025
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Hodeidah
Categories: Health and Nutrition
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Health
In the 1970s UNICEF established presence in Yemen to respond to the urgent needs of children in the poorest country in the Middle East. In 1991, Yemen ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and it was enacted immediately. Since then, the country has been making steady progress for children until it plunged into a brutal conflict in 2015 but even before that, Yemen needed large amounts of humanitarian assistance.
In collaboration with local authorities, non-governmental organizations and community partners, UNICEF is working in all the governorates in Yemen to respond to the needs of children throughout the country with a continuum of services to help children survive and grow to their full potential through the following programmes: Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Basic Education, and Child protection.
For more on our work in Yemen, please visit our website: https://www.unicef.org/yemen/
How can you make a difference?
You will be responsible for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and administration of the Health & Nutrition programme within the country programme. Accountable for effective technical and programme support to facilitate the application and adaptation of UNICEF policies and strategies to achieve strategic priorities and objectives and expansion of UNICEF assisted Health & Nutrition interventions, including the attainment of the Millennium Development Goals agenda.
To make a difference, you will perform the following key functions\accountabilities:
- Timely sectoral analysis, input and support contribute to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update for effective project planning, development, and management.
- Quality technical contributions are made to the development and implementation of Integrated Health & Nutrition strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership.
- Work plan and objectives are strategically established, implementation support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through application of technical expertise.
- Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
- Technical support is provided to government and NGOs at various stages of the project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
- The capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building support in the development, implementation, and management of the Health & Nutrition programme.
- UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for Health & Nutrition.
- Effective working relationships with internal and external counterparts are kept maintained for advocacy, technical coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
- Relevant and strategic information is kept available to support the Health & Nutrition Programme by the effective implementation of an integrated monitoring system.
- Required programme/project reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided.
- Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively accomplished.
To view the full profile of the post hold Ctrl and double click on the following link:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have the below requirement:
- Advanced university degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Child Development, Water Sanitation, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Five years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring, and evaluation of technical cooperation programmes related to Health and Nutrition. Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in child survival & development, health, and nutrition care.
- Field work experience
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Experience working with international, or UN organization would be an asset.
- Experience in coordination with authorities & partners is considered as an advantage.
- Ability to supervise & work with a team of health & nutrition staff.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter Here
Competencies required for this post are...
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: Here
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply and please take a look at some of our entitlements for our female staff members: Female Entitlements Edited2.jpg
While UNICEF seeks to recruit the best talent in the Yemeni labor market to be able to deliver the best possible services for the children in Yemen, we would like to make it clear that we never use any third party in any of the recruitment processes for all junior and senior positions advertised. All received applications are treated with high level of transparency and professionalism. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
في حين تسعى اليونيسف لإستقطاب أفضل الكوادر في السوق اليمنية لتتمكن من تقديم أفضل خدمة للأطفال في اليمن، تود التنويه إلى أنها لا تستعين بأي شخص أو جهة (قد يقدم نفسهـ/ـا) كوسيط أو طرف ثالث في أي من عمليات التوظيف وفيما يخص جميع الوظائف، باستثناء الإعلان عبر وسائل الإعلام والمواقع الإليكترونية. إن اليونيسف، منظمة الطفولة، تعمل بمستوى عال من الشفافية والمهنية. ولا يتم التواصل إلا مع المتقدمين الذين توافقت مؤهلاتهم وخبراتهم مع الوظائف المعلن عنها والتي تقدموا لها في الموعد المعلن...
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. A diverse and inclusive workforce is part of UNICEF’s DNA | UNICEF Careers, irrespective of their race\ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a Compensation, benefits and wellbeing | UNICEF Careers including parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and UNICEF provides reasonable accommodation for job candidates and personnel with disabilities | UNICEF Careers, UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
“UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The VA is open to all (internal and external candidates)
The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Deadline: Arab Standard Time