Financial Management Analysis Officer, P2, Temporary Appointment (364 days), Copenhagen, Denmark
Job no: 502313
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Finance and Administration, Supply/Logistics
Pay Grade: P-2
Reporting to Programme Budget Manager with responsibility for the overall effective management of GAVI programme budget funding and financing, the position is responsible for the ongoing coordination and analytical work related to the harmonization of the GAVI programme approvals and Cash Transfer Notification process between UNICEF SD and GAVI, cash management across multiple escrow accounts and financial instruments, and implementing financial systems and procedures for efficient and effective financial management of GAVI Procurement Services account.
• Monitor GAVI programme implementation in relation to delivery of Decision Letter quantities and coordinate with the Vaccine and Health Technology Centres to identify unrequested funds;
• Analyse the uncommitted funds to ensure business units are making effective use of cash in hand prior to requesting additional funds; review funding requests, consult with business units as required, and communicate with GAVI;
• Ensure financial monitoring of LTAs and POs for which special financial arrangements have been executed, e.g. volume guarantees, firm contracts, advance payments to manufacturers; map the steps and develop procedures for operationalization of new non-standard and non-USD procurement arrangements;
• Perform regular quantitative and qualitative monitoring and analysis of financial performance, identifying potential issues and advising on the appropriate course of action; document reporting requirements at both operational and management level;
• Identify opportunities for business process improvements, participate in projects related to information systems solutions and VISION changes, strengthen collaboration with business units and ITSS system analysts;
• Maintain business process procedure documents, quick reference guides and prepare ad hoc reports and presentations for internal and external audiences;
• Assume the role of team lead during Programme Budget Manager's absence.
DECISION-MAKING AND IMPACT/KEY RESULTS:
The functions of the position are aligned with the FMAC high level result area of improved financial management efficiency and effectiveness and key strategies addressing improved external (GAVI) and internal partnerships (Vaccine Centre and Health Technology Centre).
More specifically, external consultancy report to the GAVI Board recommended that UNICEF and GAVI implement optimized payment and financing processes to optimize the use of capital. Consequently, the cash management issue is a key area that GAU will be engaged in, including closer monitoring of the funds in escrow vs. commitments, more timely financial reporting and return of unused funds. This position will provide key contribution to these areas of improvements.
In this context, the incumbent is expected to lead and coordinate activities with Subject Matter Experts in the Vaccine Centre and Health Technology Centre, propose solutions and make recommendations for the appropriate management action to resolve operational issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1st University degree (Bachelor's degree) in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or related fields is required.
Advanced University Degree or professional qualifications in Finance or Accounting is as asset.
Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in the areas of budget and finance management, monitoring and reporting, and project management is required, preferably in an international environment. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is preferred.
Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint is required.
Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system is required.
Fluency in English is required.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication (level 1)
- Working with People (level 1)
- Drive for Result (level 2)
Key Functional Competencies
- Analyzing (level 1)
- Applying Technical Expertise (level 2)
- Planning and Organizing (level 2)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (level 2)
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Advertised: Romance Standard Time
Application close: Romance Standard Time