Research Consultant Roster - Migration and Displacement - Office of Research - Innocenti, Florence
Job no: 514229
Position type: Consultancy
School/Unit: Florence, Italy
Department/Office: Office of Research
Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, security
How can you make a difference?
- Extensive knowledge of issues affecting children in migration and displacement, as well as strategies to prevent or protect children from violence and exploitation; (Technical)
- Expertise on at least one of the following: refugees, unaccompanied and separated children, trafficked/smuggled, IDPs, left behind, statelessness disability, indigenous issues, urban slums, and labour migration; (Technical)
- Substantive qualitative data and literature review skills and capacity to carry out quantitative/statistical analyses autonomously; (Technical)
- Ability to organize own work and to carry out a research project, set project implementation schedule and coordinate with partners, according to deadlines; (Organisational)
- Comfortable with organizing and managing time, resources and information to achieve defined goals and optimum results, working to strict deadlines; (Organisational)
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English; good working knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish an asset; (Language)
- Ability and flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team. Ability to listens to and acknowledges others’ perspectives and views;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- Experience in working in low income countries and with a range of partners from local to the national level;
- Commitment to UNICEF principles and mandate.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Application close: W. Europe Daylight Time