Supply & Procurement Intern, Beijing, China, 3 months (office-based)
Job no: 565900
Contract type: Internship
Duty Station: Beijing
Categories: Supply Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
UNICEF China and its government partners work to improve the lives of the most vulnerable children. Every child has the right to survive, develop, be protected and participate in family and society. UNICEF collaborates with many partners to help make those rights a reality in China.
How can you make a difference?
You will be exposed to the international organization, be briefed on UNICEF culture and core values, and understand how UNICEF works to achieve our mandate for Children. We hope you can do basic procurement work to support Supply team at UNICEF China country office, which will include the following:
- Assist Supply colleague to prepare solicitation documents and bid tabulations
- Assist Supply colleague to communicate with potential bidders on email inquiries
- Assist Supply colleague to file relevant documents and correspondences pertaining to Purchase Orders or Institutional Services Contracts
- Assist Supply team on general administrative tasks
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Be enrolled in a degree programmed in an undergraduate (above 18 years old) or postgraduate study, majored in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or other relevant area;
- Have strong academic performance as demonstrated by recent university/colleague or institution records, or, if not available, a reference letter from an academic supervisor.
- Have no immediate relatives working in any UNICEF office.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships(2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness(3)Drive to achieve results for impact(4)Innovates and embraces change(5) Manages ambiguity and complexity(6)Thinks and acts strategically(7)Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable candidatesare encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Deadline: China Standard Time