Education Officer (Digital Transformation), NO-1, Temporary Appointment, 364 days, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia #116539
Job no: 541151
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Adolescent Development, Education, Planning, NO-1, Early Childhood Development, Innovation, Programme Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, innovation.
The Government of Mongolia and the United Nations Children’s Fund for Mongolia (UNICEF), under its 5th Country Programme (2017-2021), aim to strengthen national and decentralized systems to ensure most disadvantaged children benefit from increased access to and utilization of services that promote health, clean air, nutrition, inclusive education, early childhood development, social protection, child protection, WASH and climate change action.
UNICEF Mongolia together with other UN agencies, launched the joint initiative to effectively respond to the critical issues that need to be addressed in setting up a solid e-learning system for pre-primary, primary, and secondary education services in the country. These include development of interactive e-learning contents, enhancement of existing platform and creation of audio lessons. There is need to further expand and scale-up these existing initiatives as well as strengthening technology integration into education programme.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of Education Specialist, the Education Officer will be in charge of the digitalization and ICT aspects of the programme area, specifically the integration of technology to improve process efficiency and effectiveness and deliver strategic value to the development projects and digital transformation initiatives. The incumbent will not only support basic education programme but also contribute to the areas of early childhood development and adolescence skills/development. The specific tasks are as below but not limited to:
- Take a lead in scaling up of e-learning contents of and development of new similar initiatives in area of pre-primary and general education
- Initiate new ideas and provide support for scaling up of existing offline learning contents (e.g., audio lessons) in area of pre-primary and general education
- Accurately originate and shape digital opportunities and identify areas that can be greatly enhanced in education by technology.
- Support the relevant fundraising opportunities by developing compelling proposals to donors and funds.
- Provide support in developing Integrated early childhood development (IECD) platform/database, online training modules and ECD application with Ministry of Health and TV contents for pre-primary school children
- Support the development of online platform for mental-health counselling and conversion of Strength and Difficulties Questionniare tool for mental health survey into online tool
- Develop the database and/or platform to improve education cluster for emergency coordination
- Lead documentation and knowledge management including facilitation and support of production of case studies, lessons learned, and visibility materials and present the work on relevant platforms
- Manage coordination, collaboration and communication with regional office, partner organizations, cluster members and Government counterparts
- Work in close collaboration with the Education team and complete other tasks as assigned by the Education Specialist, and as necessitated by the emergency situation.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in Information technology management, computer science, multimedia or related social science field is required
- A minimum of one year of of progressive professional work experience at the national and/or international levels in information communication technology integration and digital transformation initiatives, preferably in education sector
- Proven experience in successful management and coordination of project/programme
- Experience in leading digital initiatives from start to end
- Attention to details and excellent presentation skill are desirable
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and deliver excellent results
- Good team work and communication skills
- Experience in structuring and developing compelling proposals and initiative in area of digital transformation
- Naturally inquisitive, driven to find optimal solutions and is at ease in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Familiar with the UN system and knowledge about cluster mechanism is desirable
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Builds and maintains partnerships [I]
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness [I]
- Drive to achieve results for impact [I]
- Innovates and embraces change [I]
- Manages ambiguity and complexity [I]
- Thinks and acts strategically [I]
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Ulaanbaatar Standard Time
Deadline: Ulaanbaatar Standard Time