Individual Contractor (11.5 months, full-time): Supporter Engagement Strategy (SES) - Salesforce Fundraising & Supporter Experience Business Analyst, Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships, Switzerland
Job no: 542239
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
The PFP Individual Giving section based in Geneva is a lead participant in the Supporter Engagement Strategy (SES), which aims to increase the global acquisition and engagement of UNICEF’s diverse supporter base, including donors, advocates, and volunteers. A key part of the strategy is to replace the incumbent CRM systems currently in place in 21 country offices with salesforce-based technology.
How can you make a difference?
The individual contractor will identify and articulate specific CRM requirements at both HQ and market level to ensure that UNICEF fundraising operations are equipped with cutting edge, quality systems to maximize funds to improve children’s lives. After understanding and documenting requirements, the Business Analyst will support delivery by actively participating in an AGILE based development framework including design, testing, training, go live support and documentation.
The global fundraising (HQ) instance will be the first project to complete, by ensuring that global digital donors are represented in Salesforce through integration with the website / payment gateway and that UNICEF can engage with these donors in a meaningful and effective way through use of Marketing Cloud technology.
Once the HQ instance is complete the role will shift to support Salesforce / Marketing Cloud rollouts to local UNICEF markets, using the same methodology.
- Analyze all current fundraising business processes in the Global (HQ Instance) of Salesforce and in UNICEF country office implementations by documentation through user stories.
- Help to manage the agile development process by story prioritization, sprint planning, backlog grooming etc.
- Guide HQ and country offices to ensure they are at the correct stage of readiness for implementation by helping with resource planning, technology, and project process awareness.
- Understand the technological solution (sales cloud) in terms of standard salesforce, non-profit success pack, core packages, configuration, customization, and integrations with a view to recommending product enhancements and future improvements.
- Help HQ and offices with initial implementation / go live by providing oversight, support, and guidance on both business and technical aspects. (This will require substantial travel to various office locations globally, COVID-19 considerations withstanding.)
- Support the making of business decisions from a fundraising and supporter experience and satisfaction viewpoints, taking cost and ROI into consideration to make recommendations to Business and Product owners where appropriate.
- In collaboration with Business owners, provide readiness checklists and functionality prioritization for go live for offices undergoing implementation.
- Contribute to the development and review of assets for the SES Deployment Suite, and guidance to countries as needed.
- Author a comprehensive set of business requirements for headquarters instance, and country offices in the form of user stories.
- Understand and categorize user requirements into global and localized core functionality.
- Provide inputs into solution design taking global and localized requirements into account.
- Research and recommend payment solutions in local market based on business and technical considerations and limitations.
- Provide support to HQ and local offices before, during and after go-live.
- Contribute to successful implementation of local solution using the supporter engagement strategy’ approach.
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND PROPOSAL
11.5 months, full-time
Fundraising Digital Deliver Manager – Geneva, Individual Giving Team, PFP
Work from home within 2 hours of Central Europe Standard Time.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first level university degree in management information systems, computer science, business administration, information technology management or other related social science field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience is required in the following fields: Salesforce (Sales and marketing cloud), fundraising (especially individual giving processes along with transaction / income processing), writing business requirements (e.g. using stories and working closely with developers in AGILE environment), and providing support services, technical assistance, and customer care.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in another UN language is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, (both written and oral) to translate complicated business requirements into technical based language, and vice versa.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving mindset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
Remarks: Please indicate your ability, availability, and gross daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered. Also, please mention the earliest date you can start.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Deadline: W. Europe Daylight Time