Readvertisement: Administrative Manager (Facility Management) Fixed Term NO -4, Dakar Senegal (open to Nationals of Senegal only)
Job no: 547695
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Operations and Business Management
Context of the Job
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
In 2022 the United Nations in Senegal will move to a new UN House in Diamniadio. The UN House will host all the UN organizations in Senegal, conference and meeting facilities, commercial entities, and a total of more than 1800 UN personnel.
An Independent Project Unit (IPU) will provide common services to all the UN organizations and staff in the UN House.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose for the job
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the IPU Chief, the Administrative Manager (Facility Management) is responsible for all the facility management related services in the UN House.
The Administrative Manager (Facility Management) will provide professional engineering services through planning, design, estimating and technical review on all construction/renovation projects and maintenance operations for the UN House.
S/he will predominantly oversee outsourced services but will also manage a core team of United Nations staff that will support her/him in the oversight of outsourced service providers as well as perform services in-house.
The Administrative Manager (Facility Management) will help design the initial technical management structure for the building, put in place preventive maintenance schedules, and help ensure a successful transition from Dakar to Diamniadio for the 27 UN organisations.
The Administrative Manager (Facility Management) will promote a client-oriented approach in a cost-effective manner and will undertake continuous capacity building of her/his staff.
S/he will help create and define Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of the services under her/his responsibility, prepare Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) detailing how the service levels will be implemented, and help communicate these to a great variety of stakeholders with different cultural and professional backgrounds. The incumbent will also oversee the continuous training of clients with the goal of creating client familiarity and appreciation of the SOPs.
The Administrative Manager (Facility Management) will be part of the IPU management team and will work in close collaboration with managers responsible for IT, Security, and other related areas.
The Administrative Manager (Facility Management) will supervise a small team of United Nations staff and oversee the services provided by multiple vendors and vendor personnel.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Facility Management services. Deliver agreed upon service levels within agreed upon budget. This, while ensuring:
- International Facility Management standards (ISO 41001) are met;
- Compliance with United Nations rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including for security, inclusion and environmental sustainability (EDGE);
- Compliance with government rules and regulations;
- That administrative business processes are well-mapped and internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) are in place and successfully communicated to clients;
- Facility Management team and other support staff under the incumbent’s management are provided results-oriented work plans, and managed against results-based performance criteria;
- Preventive maintenance is undertaken as per asset specifications to ensure validity of warrantee and zero (0%) downtime of infrastructure and assets;
- That overall client satisfaction is continuously targeted and measured with the goal of exceeding client expectation levels.
- Planning, design, estimating and technical review on all construction/renovation projects and maintenance operations;
- Prepares/Review specifications, drawings, materials list, and construction cost estimates;
- Manages the non-routine, unusual or unprecedented, moderate to complex maintenance operations for the UN House buildings, equipment, facilities and associated grounds;
- Lead technical authority for engineering, maintenance operations and project management related services;
- Provide managerial and technical oversight for a team of UN Facility Management staff.
- Preparation, monitoring, and reporting on Facility Management related budgets;
- Responsible for certification of services and goods received;
- Ensures assets are tagged and kept in an appropriate asset register in accordance with UN rules and regulations;
- Annual physical verification of assets are undertaken and asset reports are prepared for distribution to relevant stakeholders;
- Assets are managed within a preventive-maintenance regime towards ensuring zero downtime and minimum expenditure on asset replacement.
- Prepare scope of works, participate in bid evaluations;
- Responsible for onboarding of vendors;
- Quality Assurance for services delivered through vendors;
- Oversee, correct, and verify financial aspects of contracts, including certification of invoices.
- Ensure high client satisfaction levels;
- Proactively meet clients' service needs and expectations.
Safety and environment
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Senegalese and UN safety regulations and procedures;
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Senegalese and UN environmental regulations and procedures;
- Ensure inclusive and accessible working environment;
- Other duties as assigned by the IPU Chief.
To qualify you will have
Advanced university degree in Facility Management, Engineering, or any other relevant field of discipline.
8 years of relevant professional experience required.
Five years management experience in a service/client-oriented industry.
Advanced technological knowledge of principles and methods in Facility management, Green Enterprises.
Experience working in an international environment.
Experience in managing multiple clients through web-based management systems, including Service Management/Ticketing Systems and Building Management Systems.
Fluency in French & English required
You will demonstrate...
The UNICEF competencies required for this post:
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (2)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (3)
- Works Collaboratively with others (3)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (3)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (3)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (3)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (3)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (3)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This is a National Officer position, opened only for Nationals of Senegal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Greenwich Standard Time
Deadline: Greenwich Standard Time