(Re-Advertisement) Communication Officer (Supporter engagement), NO-A, Fixed-Term, UNICEF TCO, Bangkok, Thailand, Job No. #550685 (Thai Nationals only)
Job no: 550685
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Bangkok
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, better future.
Learn about what we do to create a fair chance for every child in Thailand, click here.
How can you make a difference?
The Communication Officer (supporter engagement) will help manage UNICEF Thailand’s key engagement activities, specifically non-financial supporters, contributing to the achievement of priority advocacy and programmatic goals. This role is focused on growing and retaining high-bar action takers, including volunteers and young people, to ensure they feel valued and inspired to support our work.
The Communication Officer (supporter engagement) assists in the development and implementation of the supporter engagement strategy and youth engagement strategy, under the guidance of the Communication Specialist, ensuring they are based on key audience insights, involve meaningful and effective engagement initiatives and campaigns (both online and off-line), and are monitored, adapted as required, and evaluated.
The post holder reports to the Communication Specialist (L-3) for public advocacy and supporter engagement, and is a key member of the Communications Team, working collaboratively and closely with other colleagues focused on campaigns and supporter engagement, as well as with key programme and PSFR teams to ensure an integrated approach.
The Communication Officer (supporter engagement) will be responsible for assisting the Communication Specialist in building and rolling out a concrete plan of action to grow and deepen the individual engagement of UNICEF supporters in Thailand, including managing the day-to-day operations and optimization of the volunteer programme and young people’s engagement, as integral components of the supporter and youth engagement strategies.
Working with internal stakeholders and external partners, the incumbent will generate and promote activities for non-financial supporters, with primary focus on volunteers and young people, as a contribution to achieving the outcomes of UNICEF’s programmatic and advocacy priorities and will also work with external partners to cross-promote engagement opportunities.
In addition, the incumbent will leverage data analytics and marketing skills to study and influence supporter behaviour, creating segments with bespoke strategic engagement plans to deepen volunteer/supporter affinity and participation in UNICEF’s work in Thailand.
Based on above, the accountabilities are divided into the following workstreams: Supporter Engagement (strategy and implementation); Supporter Management; and Supporter Engagement Partnerships.
- Supporter Engagement (strategy & implementation)
- Assist in the development of a volunteer engagement plan, with clearly defined target groups, insights, success indicators, journeys and engagement opportunities, with clear timeline and responsibilities, in close coordination with programme teams and communication team members
- Organize and implement volunteering opportunities and activities that positively impact priority outcomes, working cross-functionally to drive results
- Assist in managing and growing the UNICEF Volunteer Leader programme as a supporter scaling mechanism, in partnership with key communities and increasing self-initiated activities in support of UNICEF agenda
- Support the development and implementation of a youth engagement strategy, working with the Communication Specialist, and in coordination with programme/advocacy/fundraising teams
- Support the planning and management of youth engagement activities and other online platforms that are related to UNICEF Thailand’s digital youth engagement and participation efforts, including UNICEF Clubs and collaboration with universities
- Develop compelling marketing content that capture the hearts and minds of discrete segments from existing and potential supporters, with clarity on what we want them to think, feel and do
- Assist the smooth roll out of supporter engagement activities through the management of all aspects of the value chain, including logistics, managing events, third-party service providers
- Support the deployment and implementation of selected youth engagement and participation initiatives/campaigns from Global/HQ as appropriate and agreed in the Country Office
- Participate in external and internal supporter and volunteer-focused events
- Supporter Management
- Leverage data management and marketing tools to segment existing supporter base to ensure strong and insights driven supporter journeys
- Propose the development of platform enhancements with service provider (Salesforce) in consultation with relevant technical experts in UNICEF, and support the management of the platform on an ongoing basis with the goal of enhancing the supporter experience
- Assess existing data gaps on non-financial supporters, and provide recommendations for data expansion, e.g. internally by aggregating with other data repositories, and externally by appending market available data
- Establish performance reporting parameters to evaluate campaign effectiveness, ROI, and to highlight optimization opportunities
- Supporter Engagement Partnerships
- Support the Private Sector and Fundraising team to create integrated supporter journeys through the use of analytic tools and principles that serve a clear path toward new supporter acquisition and increased participation of existing base into more volunteering, advocacy and donations
- In collaboration with the Partnership team, support the development and implementation of a plan for corporate employee volunteering initiatives and opportunities which contribute to programmatic, C4D, and advocacy objectives
- Support in identifying and connecting with external partners, including NGOs, private sector, and government agencies to create mutually beneficial working models for volunteer engagement
- Help position the supporter programme as a leader in the marketplace by supporting UNICEF Thailand’s participation in key external events and initiatives
- Assist in identifying, building and managing relationships with potential partner(s) for supporter engagement, including partners from civil society, foundations, universities and schools, and the UN.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University degree in Marketing, Communications – including digital, or other relevant disciplines such as behavioral science or international development
- At least one year of professional work experience with programme management and/or community mobilization (including youth), specifically operating within digital marketing and communications – with preferred experience in leveraging CRM models to execute marketing strategies
- Fluency in Thai and English (valid TOEIC score of at least 855: Listening and Reading section) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in 1) Builds and maintains partnerships, 2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness, 3) Drive to achieve results for impact, 4) Innovates and embraces change, 5) Manages ambiguity and complexity, 6) Thinks and acts strategically, 7) Works collaboratively with others, and 8) Nurtures, leads and manages people (applicable for supervisor and manager’s role).
Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package under the UN system.
Only shortlisted candidates with pre-screening according to child safeguarding will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Please send application together with P-11 and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years no later than 27 May 2022.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
For gender balance in the workforce, Thai National male qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: SE Asia Standard Time