Consultant – Digital Content Designer, UNICEF Thailand Country Office, Bangkok, Job No #555405
Job no: 555405
Contract type: Consultant
Duty Station: Bangkok
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfilling their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future
UNICEF works to ensure the rights of all children in the East Asia and Pacific Region. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF Thailand Country Office is seeking a qualified consultant to develop communication materials, especially for digital channels, to support UNICEF Thailand’s public communication according to the digital strategy and communication plan.
• Working with content team to study and understand the requirements for content material production from programme and communication teams.
• Attend a weekly meeting with the content team to discuss the weekly production plan.
• Frequently be in touch with the content team in case of having ad-hoc tasks.
• Schedule tasks and protects to meet the deadline. Re-adjust the plan accordingly in case of having ad-hoc tasks that come in between.
• Develop illustrations, graphics and other designs using image editing, illustrating software, or something similar with appropriate colors and layouts according to UNICEF’s Brand Book.
• Amend designs after receiving feedback from the team.
Work Schedule: From 15 November 2022 to 30 October 2023.
The Content designer consultant is supposed to have a weekly meeting with the content team to discuss the weekly work plan and agree on the deadline(s) for the assigned task(s). Then, the consultant will accomplish the tasks according to the plan and submit the finished product(s) within the deadline agreed in the meeting.
The consultant will be on standby for ad-hoc tasks that may come up during the week. The consultant will be informed of the ad-hoc tasks via email or other agreed channels.
The consultant will submit a monthly report listing all content produced during the month to the supervisor.
Est. number of working days
Illustrations, graphics, and other designs assigned. The deliverables will be delivered multiple times in a month according to the deadline agreed during the task assignment.
15 Nov 2022 – 30 Oct 2023
Duration of Contract: 15 Nov 2022 – 30 Oct 2023 (11. 5 months - 240 working days)
Official Travel: No official travel required.
- Home based/UNICEF Thailand Country Office
- Consultant to use their laptop and other necessary infrastructure/equipment
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• A minimum of 1 year experience in graphic design for communication products and materials, especially for social media and printed materials.
• Proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop other similar tools.
• Experience in working for United Nations or its agencies or international organizations is desirable.
• Good attitude, able to work under pressure of time limit, good teamwork, strong responsibility.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• Strong communication skills to collaborate with the team.
• Own a computer (Windows PC or macOS) with licensed copy of the necessary software to perform the task (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop).
• People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV, full contact information of minimum 3 references, availability, and proposed monthly professional fee in USD by 4 October 2022.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: SE Asia Standard Time